Escalante Grand Staircase Wilderness Immersion
Spring 2019 – Dates TBA
What it is
Many of us can tell that deep down, something is missing. That somewhere along the way we've gotten disconnected from something important, something bigger than us. Something that gives us life and meaning.
We think that much of what is missing is a connection to and respect for nature. We've become so dependent on our devices and routines that we rarely have an opportunity to unplug and be still. The purpose of this immersion trip is to disconnect from our regular surroundings and reconnect with nature. The seven-day trip will include:
- Hiking and camping near the world-famous Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument in southern Utah
- Five days away from civilization with no cell phone service or electronics
- Two days camping in the high mountains, and three days camping in a remote desert
- Participating in several activities designed to help you reconnect with nature and yourself
- Learning survival tips from a world-renowned survivalist
- Learning about indigenous cultures and how they survived in the wilderness
Registration, continuing education, and other information:
- Participants will fly into and depart from Salt Lake City
- The fee for the trip is $2,000 US which includes all food, lodging, guides, most camping equipment and transportation in Utah. Airfare and a few camping supplies (a list will be provided) are not covered
- A $1,000 nonrefundable deposit is required to reserve your spot
- Reservations made before (TBD) will receive a $100 discount
- To make reservations, request a detailed itinerary, or ask any questions please email Dr. Davis and Dr. Platt by clicking the "register here" button below. Registration and questions are handled via email.
About the Hosts
The trip will be hosted by us, Dr. Sean Davis and Dr. Jason Platt. Both of us have taken hundreds of clinicians on highly popular immersion trips in places such as Mexico, Belize, India, Cuba, El Salvador, Italy, Cambodia and others. Both of us have over a decade of experience as faculty in the Couple and Family Therapy (Dr. Davis) and International Counseling Psychology (Dr. Platt) programs at Alliant International University where we have earned reputations as award-winning scholars, authors and educators.
*Please note that this trip will require moderate to strenuous hiking, and some of the time will be spent without access to services. Consequently, participants must be in good physical and emotional health. Dr. Davis and Dr. Platt reserve the right to determine a participant's suitability for the trip prior to enrollment. Arrangements are being made to offer continuing education units for clinicians regulated by the California BBS. Check this page and our social media for updates on the status of those arrangements. Lastly, the trip will be offered through a sister company which is in the final stages of being approved by the state. Stay tuned for more information there as well, but it won't affect the trip in any way - we just have to mention that for legal purposes.